Along with the team competition there will be lots of other things going on at Savilahti during the day. These activities do not require registration and are free of charge.
Team competition starts at Savilahti at 13.00. Signing up for the team competition of four students is at the ticket sale locations. When signing up you have to have a name for the team and the names of the members of the team.
Participation fee for the team competition is 10€/student. Team gets one event pass, where you can find your team’s number. Team members also get tickets to the afterparty at Puikkari and Winterfest overall patches.
Team competition has limited amount of tickets in sale. Tickets run out propably on the first day of sale.
- Competition time at Savilahti is from 13.00 to 18.00 and at pub Apteekkari from 17.00 to 21.00
- Team has 4 members
- Team leader is the one who takes care of the “event passport,” and takes the team to all the task point
- Each team has their own “code” (a short list of numbers), which MUST BE REMEMBERED by each team
- You do not have to attend the task points in any particular order
- During the day each team must visit in all the marked tasks and in the last task that takes place at pub Apteekkari.
- Task are fast and do not require any special skills. Good team spirit and adventureous minds will be highly appriciated!
1. 4 x JBL Xtreme wireless speakers
2. Tahko partyweekend 2 days Golf-mansion x 2 + party tickets 8 pcs
3. 4 x 100 euros
4. 4 x 100 euros S-ryhmä gift cards sponsored by Finnacta
5. Sauna evening at Puikkari
6. 4 x 30 e Ehta gift cards
7. 4 x 30 e Hurma gift cards
8. 2 h bowling at Kuopio bowling alley
+ 1 kpl JBL Xtreme wireless speaker will be drawn between all team competition participants
Prizes will be awarded in Puikkari at 00.30.
Student ice fishing competition is from 12.00 to 14.00. The competition area is located at the parking lot end of the area.
- participation is free
- participants must bring their own hooks and baits with them
- the area for fishing is defined
- holes have been carved in advance
- biggest fish wins the competition
- the person with largest amount of fish will also be rewarded
- the competition is on between 12.00 and 14.00
You can sign up by sending an email to jari.smolander(ät)savonia.fi. (Signing up at Savilahti just before the contest is also possible)
- The winner gets 200€ (biggest fish)
- The person with the largest amount of fish fill get 50€
- Among all participants will be drawn Maken Pyydys’ goods price
- The winner will be announced straight after the competition
DG-snow football tournament starts at 12.00. The first 16 registered teams can participate. The teams must be “mixed” teams. So each team must have at least one person representing “the minority” (boy/girl). Maximum size for the team is 10 person and the size of the team playing at a time is 1 + 4.
In order to sign up fill this form by 15 February.
- 10 x JBL T450BK wireless headphones + entrance to Puikkari
- 10 x food gift cards to Amarillo
- 2 h bowling at Kuopio bowling alley
Prizes will be drawn in Puikkari at around 00.30.
ISYY club KYYKKÄ organizes kyykkä competition at Winterfest 2017. Tournament will start at Savilahti 12.00. Tournament size will be 8 or 16 teams depending on number of available contestants. Size of one team is two players. Previous experience of kyykkä is not needed.
What is kyykkä?
Kyykkä is centuries old karelian outdoors game. Players will try to play opponent’s kyykkäs out of the game area using the karttu. Difficulty level of kyykkä is similar to mölkky and is therefore suitable for beginners without previous experience.
Watch example of kyykkä game here.
Kyykkä tournament will be utilizing academic rules of kyykkä. Final rules will be sent to contestants before the tournament. Academic rules of kyykkä can be found here.
In registration teams must give their team name, contact details and player names.
Registration to tournament is here. Registration ends 15.2.2018
Winning teams 2 x 50 euro S-group gift cards
Prize ceremony in Puikkari about 00.30.
More information about tournament: email@example.com
Along winterfest will be held student’s snow bowling WF-championship event. Bowling will be non-stop, so you don’t have to sign up. Also participating is free. Winner of the day will be awarded 1h bowling at
Kuopio bowling alley.
During team competition you can challenge your mates at human curling. Competition takes place in a “real” curling track, where the goal is to get studentstone in the center of the base.
Two teams of four students can participate. Both teams have 3 toboggans where students sit as stones. First student sits in the toboggan and two other gives speed while the last one can brush the course to make it more slippery. Studentstone stays in place.
Opposing team throws studentstrone the same way and tries to get the other teams stone out of the base and their stone close to the center. Third studentstone has only one pusher.
Winner is the team whose studentstone is closer of the center. If the winning team has multiple stones in the base, points will be awarded accordinly.
Warm place + cafeteria
During the competition, frozen toes and noses can be warmed up in Studentia building at student union’s office until 16.00 o’clock. You can buy cafeteria products and overall patches here.
Warm juice and hot sausage
At the info-stand will be given free sausages, sponsored by Amica and warm juice as long as supplies last.
In Kuopio Engineer students’ INSSIsauna you can get sweet steam during or after the competition After the sauna you can swim in hot tub or use the showers in Studentia. Sauna and the tub are warm from 13.00 to 19.00. Bring your own towels!
More info: http://www.inssisauna.fi/
The program continues at pub Apteekkari from 17.00.
The final task point of the team competition is located at pub Apteekkari, which has to be completed by 21.00. Student karaoke and other program is also constantly going on.
The event continues at night club Puikkari from 20.00 till closing time. Be there on time, because the lines to leave your coats are longest after 22.00 o’clock. NOTE! Entrance with pre-purchased ticket only from 20.00 till 22.00.
Performing Karri Koira. https://www.facebook.com/karrionkoira
The winners of the competitions will be announced around 00.30!
Tickets 9€ from the door (includes the event badge!) or 7€. NOTE! Ticket sale starts at 22.30.
Note: those of you who participate the team competition, the participation fee (7€) already includes the ticket for the after party.